Monday, June 11, 2018

Balancing Act

*upbeat calliope plays*

    Step right on up folks, gather round. The feat we are about to witness is one of daring dexterity, the art of walking this tight rope of life is something she's learning only recently.
    It sure feels like I'm sweating under spotlights, high up in the air, with no net beneath me, but the many times I have fallen have led me to understand that there is very much in fact a net beneath me. I tied it with the strongest threads I could find and I didn't even know I was doing it at the time. The people I love catch me as often as I will let them.
     When is it time for me to stop falling? I want sure-footedness. I seek balance. And I want to be the steady hand or the strong tie in someone else's net when they fall once in a while. I want someone else to know what that feels like.
      I just feel like it isn't my turn for falling any more. And I think I'd like to try, I mean I'm.... I don't think I'm too scared anymore.... To fly.... Balance seems moot when soaring.


Pictured: photo from winter Olin Castle Rock Colorado.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment